Our 1/2″ Soft Shackles with Quick Release are the easiest way to make recovery connections. Easily wrap a soft shackle around any rounded surface such as a roll cage for a quick and strong connection point on ATV, UTV and snowmobiles. 1/2 Inch Soft Shackles are made from High Strength, Low Stretch UHMWPE synthetic rope and have approximately an 8″ inside diameter. Our 1/2″ Soft Shackles have a 15,000 lbs. minimum breaking strength and are the perfect recovery connection for ATV’s , UTV’s , snowmobiles and other vehicles weighing up to 5000 lbs.. They are available in many colors and are used in many situations instead of a D-Ring and are considered a high strength replacement for most situations requiring the use of a steel Bow shackle.
1/2″ Soft Shackles are designed with a tension release string (Quick Release). After a recovery or pull, the soft-eye under the knot can become very tight and hard to remove. Simply pull on the string to help release the eye tension to remove from the knot.
1/2″ Soft Shackle for ATV, UTV, Snowmobiles Features:
- Use: ATV UTV, Snowmobiles or any vehicle weighing less than 5,000 lbs.
- Material: High Strength, Low Stretch 12 strand UHMWPE Synthetic Rope
- Minimum Breaking Strength: 15,000 lbs.
- Inside Diameter: 10 Inches
- Recommended WLL: 5,000 lbs.
- Shackle Diameter (not including knot): 1/2 Inches
- Weight: 3oz.
- Knot: High Strength Diamond Knot
- Colors: Orange, Black, Silver, Red, Blue, Yellow, Lime Green
Soft Shackle Advantages:
- Easier: Allows more options for attaching to an ATV, UTV, Snowmobile or vehicle and recovery equipment such as Tow ropes or tow straps, kinetic ropes, winch rope thimbles and hooks.
- Safer: No metal parts to potentially harm or damage a person or vehicle
- Lighter: Weighs only 5 oz.
Note: 1/2″ Soft Shackles were designed to work perfectly with the Safety Thimble I. The Safety Thimble I is designed to work on winch ropes from 3/16″ to 1/4″ usually found on ATV , UTV or winches 5,000 lbs. or less.