Our 1/2″ Soft Shackles are the easiest way to make recovery connections. Easily wrap a soft shackle around any rounded surface such as a roll cage for a quick and strong connection point. 1/2 Inch Soft Shackles are made from High Strength, Low Stretch UHMWPE synthetic rope and have approximately an 8″ inside diameter. Our 1/2″ Soft Shackles have a 15,000 lbs. minimum breaking strength and are the perfect recovery connection for ATV’s , UTV’s snowmobiles and other vehicles weighing up to 5000 lbs.. They are available in many colors and are used in many situations instead of a D-Ring and are considered a high strength replacement for most situations requiring the use of a steel Bow shackle.
1/2″ Soft Shackles are designed with a tension release string. After a recovery or pull, the soft-eye under the knot can become very tight and hard to remove. Simply pull on the string to help release the eye tension to remove from the knot.
1/2″ Soft Shackle Features:
- Material: High Strength, Low Stretch 12 strand UHMWPE Synthetic Rope
- Minimum Breaking Strength: 15,000 lbs.
- Inside Diameter: 10 Inches
- Recommended WLL: 5,000 lbs.
- Rope Diameter (not including knot): 1/2 Inches
- Weight: 3oz.
- Knot: High Strength Diamond Knot
- Colors: Orange Black, Silver, Red, Blue, Yellow, Lime Green, Military Green, Teal, Purple and Pink
Soft Shackle Advantages:
- Easier: Allows more options for attaching to a vehicle and recovery equipment such as Tow ropes or tow straps, kinetic ropes, winch rope thimbles and hooks.
- Safer: No metal parts to potentially harm or damage a person or vehicle
- Lighter: Weighs only 5 oz.
1/2″ Soft Shackles were designed to work perfectly with the Safety Thimble I