3/16″ Synthetic Winch Rope –commonly found on small winches from 1500 lbs. up to 3000 lbs., comes pre-installed with everything you need to replace your worn-out Synthetic Winch Rope or if you are converting your steel cable to synthetic rope.
See our Winch Rope Conversion Chart to find out what length of rope is needed for your winch.
Each 3/16″ Synthetic Winch Line is made with Heavy Duty, high quality UHMWPE synthetic rope that is rated to 4,800 lbs. and comes pre-installed with a standard Tube Thimble. and 3 ft. of durable Polyester Sheathing.
*Note: 3/16″ Winch Ropes do NOT come with a drum attachment. Most winches under 5,000 lbs. do not use a drum attachment and are attached by inserting the rope through the hole in the drum. If your application requires a screw-in drum attachment or a loop end, please contact us.
3/16 Synthetic Winch Rope:
- Use: Winches from 1,500 lbs. To 3,000 lbs. small winches.
- Material: 12 strand UHMWPE Synthetic Rope
- Diameter: 3/16 Inch
- Lengths: 50 ft. (custom lengths available)
- Breaking Strength: 4,800 lbs.
- Sheathing: 3 ft. Heavy-Duty Polyester
- Color: Black
- Working End Termination Hardware: – Choice of tube thimble, loop end or Safety Thimble I
- Drum Attachment: None ( usually not needed, contact us if you need a specific type drum attachment)
** Each Winch Rope comes pre-assembled and ready for easy installation.
When converting small winches from steel cable to synthetic winch rope we recommended a Hawse Fairlead to be used. TRE Winch Ropes work with all standard Hawse Fairleads.
Synthetic Winch Rope Features:
- Stronger – 30% Stronger than equivalent steel cable
- Lighter – Weighs up to 85% less than steel winch cable
- Safer– Torque-free lets the rope more likely to drop to the ground if it ever breaks