7/16″ Winch Rope Extensions are for situations where your nearest anchor point is further than the length of your existing winch rope. The 7/16″ Winch Rope Extension is made of Heavy-Duty, Lightweight 12 strand UHMWPE synthetic rope with a minimum breaking strength of 26,000 lbs. Each rope comes standard with soft-eye splices on each end that are covered with a Heavy-Duty Nylon Sheathing to allow multiple means of attachment, such as Soft Shackles or D-Rings or choose the option of adding Steel Tube Thimbles to each end. TRE 7/16″ Winch Rope Extensions also come with 8 ft. of Heavy Duty Polyester Sheathing that can be moved anywhere on winch extension that may incur abrasion while winching. Multiple lengths are available: 50 ft., 100 ft. and custom lengths are available.
7/16″ Winch Rope Extensions:
- Use: commonly used with 10,000 lb. to 15,000 lb. winches
- Material: 12 strand UHMWPE Synthetic Rope
- Diameter: 7/16 Inch
- Lengths: 50 ft. & 100 ft. – Custom lengths available by request.
- Minimum Breaking Strength: 26,000 lbs.
- Stretch: less than 5%
- Weight: 5-7 lbs. (depending on length)
- Sheathing: 8 ft. Heavy-Duty Black Polyester
- Color: Orange & Black – Custom colors available by request
- Termination Ends – Fully sheathed Closed Soft Closed Eye Loops or optional Heavy Duty Steel Tube Thimbles
Synthetic Winch Rope is Stronger, Lighter and Safer
Synthetic Winch Rope has a Breaking Strength up to 30% more than steel winch cable of equal size. Synthetic Winch Rope is constructed of a unique ultra high molecular weight polyethylene material. UHMWPE is an extremely high-strength, low-stretch rope ( less than 5%) that offers high abrasion resistance and great tensile strength. Each Synthetic Winch Rope is coated in UV Resistant urethane to protect the fibers from sun exposure. Synthetic winch rope is resistant to damage from most oils and chemicals and does not corrode like steel cable.
Our UHMWPE made Winch Ropes are up to 85% Lighter than equivalent steel cable. Synthetic rope is light enough that it floats on water. Synthetic rope is the perfect replacement for steel cable when weight is an issue.
Synthetic Winch Rope is a much Safer alternative to using steel cable due to its low weight, low stretch and recoil. Our ropes weigh up to 85% less than steel cable and its low stretch does not allow for a large amount of kinetic energy to build up. Our Synthetic ropes 12 strand design nearly eliminates the recoil that is found on steel cable due to its twisted construction. Steel cable releases a violent and uncontrollable untwisting motion when it breaks increasing the likelihood of damage and injury while winching. Our winch rope does not burr or splinter like cable. Synthetic rope is also easily repaired or spliced and easier to handle and spool on a winch.
Synthetic Winch Rope Features:
- Stronger – 30% Stronger than equivalent steel cable
- Lighter – Weighs up to 85% less than steel winch cable
- Safer– Torque-free lets the rope more likely to drop to the ground if it ever breaks