The Safety Thimble I is a smaller version for 3/16″ to 1/4″ synthetic ropes and are perfect for ATV and side by sides that use the smaller winches. They are designed to be used with a 1/2″ bow or D-ring shackle.
The Safety Thimble I sets the standard for superior synthetic winch rope termination! Designed for 3/16″ to 1/4″ synthetic winch ropes found on most ATV’s, UTV’s, Side x Sides and other Off Road Vehicles using winches generally less than 5000 lbs.. The Safety Safety Thimble I is designed to work with our TRE 1/2″ Soft-Shackles or a 1/2″ steel bow shackle, either by the pin or the body of the shackle.
The Safety Thimble is designed and manufactured 100% in the USA! It is a precision made heavy duty winch thimble. The Safety Thimble is designed to prevent the winch thimble from getting pulled into the fairlead where most accidents happen in winching, often due to winch “run-on” from electric winches. The Safety Thimble, unlike hooks, standard eye thimbles and other winch thimbles, do not scratch your fairlead which otherwise can cause damage to synthetic winch ropes. It is also the lightest and most versatile recovery option to be used with synthetic winch line.
Features of the Safety Thimble I:
- The Safety Thimble I is precision CNC machined 6061 aircraft grade aluminum.
- Designed for 3/16″ to 1/4″ synthetic winch ropes.
- Designed to be used with a TRE 1/2″ Soft-Shackle or 1/2″ bow shackle, either by the pin or the body of the shackle.
- Diameter and shape of the eye adheres to minimum radius requirements to achieve rated breaking strength of the synthetic lines.
- The design of the eye has a deep groove that provides protection against abrasion of synthetic winch rope.
- The Flat Base design fits securely against the Hawse Fairlead to prevent damage to synthetic winch rope.
- Made in the USA! The Safety Thimble is 100% designed, manufactured, packaged and shipped in the USA.
- Safety Thimble I comes in popular colors such as Black, Silver, Red and Blue
NOTE: Safety Thimbles are designed to be used with Soft-shackles or common steel rigging bow shackles. Hooks can not be used.