The Mega Tow Rope is the perfect tow rope to carry in all Large Heavy Duty Trucks, Construction Equipment, Tractors and Busses or any vehicle up to 20,000 lbs.** Whether your Tractor is stuck in the mud, or Bus is in deep snow or just need to tow your semi Truck home, these tow ropes are the perfect solution. Our Tow Ropes are Stronger, Lighter and Safer than traditional tow chains and tow straps. Each Mega Tow Rope is made with High Strength, Low Stretch UHMWPE 12 strand synthetic rope with a minimum breaking strength of 60,000 lbs. is stronger than chains and wire cable in the same size. These Mega Tow Rope are easy to store and weigh less than 6 lbs, which is considerably less than tow chains of the same strength. Synthetic Rope is much safer than chains due to their construction and weight, as they do not release the same amount of kinetic energy when they break, reducing injury to the operator and damage damage to the vehicle as they do not retain the kinetic energy like chains. Each Mega Tow Rope that is fully sheathed in a Heavy-Duty Nylon webbing to protect against abrasion. Each Tow Rope has closed eye loops on each end that can be used to connect to anything using Soft Shackles or D-rings. The nylon sheathing used on our tow ropes allow you to use this product as an anchor point on rough surfaces in the same way that tree straps and rock straps are used. The high quality of synthetic rope not only makes it safer and lighter than chain, but also stronger!
Mega Tow Rope Features:
- Use: Pulling, Towing or as a winch extension for Large Heavy Duty Trucks, Construction Equipment, Tractors and Busses or any vehicle up to 20,000 lbs.**
- Material: High Strength, Low Stretch UHMWPE 12 strand Synthetic Rope
- Diameter: 3/4 Inch
- Lengths: 20 & 30 ft. – Custom lengths available by request.
- Minimum Breaking Strength: 60,000 lbs.
- Stretch: less than 5%
- Weight: 6 lbs.
- Sheathing: Fully sheathed in Orange Heavy-Duty Nylon (including the eyes)
- Color: Orange
Tow Rope Uses:
- Towing – Can be used for towing the same as traditional chains and tow straps
- Tree Strap/Rock Strap – Can be wrapped around rough surfaces such as rocks and trees used as a winch point
- Winch Extension – Can be used as a winch extension to extend the reach of your winchline.
*Note: Straight Line pulls are when you are using the Tow Strap to pull a vehicle using constant even tension. Our Tow Ropes are not meant to be used in a recovery situation where uneven tension such as yanking or jerking is needed, instead a Kinetic Recovery Rope would be needed for that situation.
**For commercial use, it is recommended to go by the working load limit of 1/3 (3:1) of the Minimum Breaking Strength.